I have a new 3000 x 2000 resolution tablet/laptop and Dex Ex doesn’t look right. How do I restore the display?
The problem isn’t actually anything to do with the resolution of the display, but rather Windows 10 High DPI scaling.
On Windows 10, a workaround exists that gives usable (but not ideal) results:
- Right-click Dexterit-E Explorer shortcut to display context menu
- Select the properties option
- Select the ‘Compatibility’ tab in the properties dialog
- Click the ‘Change high DPI settings’ button
- Check the ‘Override high DPI scaling behaviour’ checkbox
- Select ‘System (Enhanced) from the ‘Scaling performed by:’ drop down
- Click ‘OK’
- Click ‘Apply’
With this work around we have seen positive results on the Surface. A permanent automatic solution will be available in the future.