Yes you can use tasks that were compiled by a different Kinarm user, even if they use a different MATLAB. The caveats are:
- You need to have all of the hardware that the model requires (in particular you need all of the digital and analog IO cards that the model needs otherwise the model will crash when loaded)
- If the MATLAB version is different you will need to update the Robot Computer OS to make the tasks work (then switch the OS back later).
The update process is:
- Place the compiled task and protocols in the custom tasks folder (normally [My Documents]\Dexterit-E 3.X Tasks\[folder name])
- Start Dexterit-E
- Open Kinarm Lab -> Robot Computer OS version
- Change to the correct MATLAB version and click Update Robot Computer
- After about a minute you should be able to connect, and run your task.
NOTE: MATLAB 2019b compiled model files have the extension *.mldatx. Earlier versions of MATLAB use the file extension *.dlm for compiled model files. If you are using MATLAB 2019b then you will not see any models named with *.dlm files. If you are using an earlier version of MATLAB (2015a, 2013a) then you will not see any *.mldatx files. If you can’t see tasks you are expecting then change to the Subjects tab and back to the Custom Tasks tab to refresh the list.