Kinarm is seeking an energetic, highly organized, budding communications officer to lead a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Kinarm’s interactive robotics are changing the way researchers study the brain, and our understanding of brain injury and disease. Our one-of-a-kind products are designed, manufactured and shipped around the world – all from our headquarters located in historic Kingston, Ontario. We are looking for someone who loves to work as part of a small, wickedly talented team and who is willing to be the subject matter expert in their role.
The ideal candidate will be an organized, communicative person who loves a challenge. This new role will plan, coordinate, and implement a new knowledge translation project called: Kinarm Academy. This is a new position, thus requiring someone who is comfortable in defining their role: working independently, as well as within a team. You are a great listener, have a passion for education/user training and the translation of science for the greater good. You value openness, have high integrity, and can make good decisions.
Reporting jointly to the President & CSO, the role includes:
- Planning of a new website called Kinarm Academy that will deliver:
- Tailored, self-guided Kinarm user training for neuroscientists, clinician scientists, graduate students, and laboratory staff based on research interests;
- Community forum to enable collective sharing of issues and problem solving by the Kinarm user community;
- Code repositories to enable the sharing of projects between Kinarm users;
- Date warehousing to support data-sharing requirements of peer-reviewed publications.
- Planning deliverables will include detailed written requirements and specifications that will be used to contract the website development to a third party.
- Following selection, work closely with the selected developer to implement the project, track progress and manage cost within a budget.
- Generation of multi-media web content in accordance with the requirements.
All work will be conducted in compliance with international data privacy requirements and our ISO 13485 registered quality management system.
- Superlative written and oral communication skills;
- Experience working collaboratively within a team, ideally in the private and public sectors.
- A recent graduate of Queen’s University’s humanities and social science disciplines within the Faculty of Arts and Science
Job Type: Full-time, one year contract.
Job Location: Kingston, ON
Start Date: Immediate
Apply through the Queen’s Career Apprenticeship portal or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be considered as soon as received; interviews will start in May. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Kinarm is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.