Kinarm’s development team is proud to release Dexterit-E 3.8.0 and Dexterit-E Explorer 1.5.0 with lots of improvements for usability and task development. We are thrilled to be able to deliver the long list of tangible improvements, both big and small, that this release offers. A complete list of changes is included in the release notes with each product. Below we’ve highlighted the main enhancements for each product.
Dexterit-E 3.7 is released!
The Dexterit-E 3.7.0 release brings many improvements for usability, task development, and normative modeling. We are thrilled to be able to deliver such a long list of tangible improvements!
Dexterit-E Explorer 1.4.0 Released: latest KINARM Standard Test analysis available now!
Advisory Notice: M-Score Error in KST, Dex 3.6 release, resolved 28-Mar-18
Update 28-Mar-18: this issue is now resolved with the availability of Dexterit-E Explorer 1.4
Meltdown & Spectre Vulnerability: Advisory has ended as of 19-Mar-18
Update: 19-Mar-18: We have ended the advisory. Our testing has satisfied our concerns that Microsoft patches could affect performance. You may apply updates to your Windows OS.
Dexterit-E 3.6.3 released
Dexterit-E Explorer 1.3 Released!
Just in time for Neuroscience 2016 we are pleased to release Dexterit-E Explorer version 1.3.
There are a number of new features:
3.6.1 – Dexterit-E – Released
Dexterit-E 3.6 has been a monumental effort for the team at BKIN and we are very proud of what we’ve been able to accomplish in this “landmark” release.
New KINARM Exoskeleton Released!
The classic Scott KINARM was great, but now it is even better…
• Stiffer: A completely new linkage design has increased both vertical and in-plane mechanical
stiffness by 2-3 times. Stiff force channels are now possible.
Vertical out-of-plane stiffness: 8,500 N/m
End-point in-plane mechanical stiffness: ~16,400 N/m
• Greater Accessibility to the Head: The motors are mounted below the shoulders thus enabling full access to the head. Now you can use TMS – and any other head-mounted peripheral – without having to “squeeze it in”.
• 25% More Torque: 16.5 Nm (peak), 5.5 Nm (continuous)
• No More Analog: The electronics have been upgraded to all digital communication using the EtherCAT protocol.
• Quiet and Smooth: With EtherCAT, we’ve changed the servo amps, eliminating the audible noise and slight jitter felt with the Classic. Subjects perceive smoother movements.
The NEW KINARM Exoskeleton is now generally available. Contact: email@example.com for more information and pricing.
Download the KINARM Exoskeleton’s New Look
3.5.2 – Dexterit-E / Task Development Kit – Released
Dexterit-E 3.5.2 has several important bug fixes for usability, stability and maintenance. This is considered a highly recommended update.