- Dexterit-E™ 3.9.0; and
- Dexterit-E Explorer™ 3.9.0
- New Kinarm Standard Tests
- Arm Movement Matching – the purpose of this test is to assess the ability of a subject to perceive motion of their arm in the horizontal workspace.
- Arm Posture Perturbation – the purpose of this test is to assess the ability of a subject to respond to unexpected disturbances of the arm when maintaining their hand at a spatial goal. (Exo only.)
- MATLAB 2019b support
- Input files for Task Programs – it is now possible to pass a user-generated file from the Dexterit-E Computer to the Robot Computer which can then be used in your Task Program. (This feature requires a Robot Computer with PN 13107 or higher.)
- See the release notes for Dexterit-E and Dexterit-E Explorer for a full list of new features.
When you upgrade to Dexterit-E 3.9, you will need to:
- upgrade to Dexterit-E Explorer 3.9.0 at the same time.
- Dexterit-E 3.9 uses a new file format to save exam data that is not backward compatible with previous (1.5 and earlier) releases of Dexterit-E Explorer.
- obtain the latest release of the Kinarm Analysis Scripts in order to load data recorded with Dexterit-E 3.9 or later. The updated MATLAB scripts are backwards compatible with previous releases and include several enhancements for usability and performance.
- contact email@example.com to obtain a new license key for Dexterit-E 3.9.
- As always, Dexterit-E Explorer does not require a license and can be run on any Windows 64 bit or Mac OSx computer.
All installers are available for download once logged into the Software Downloads page.
Like all businesses around the world, we are feeling the impacts of COVID 19. To keep you abreast of the impact, we’ve started this blog:
Do NOT upgrade your Dexterit-E/GUI Computer to Windows 10 without our Upgrade Kit!
As the Dexterit-E computer is customized to run your Kinarm Lab, the Windows operating system cannot be upgraded to Windows 10 without adversely affecting your Kinarm Lab. Dexterit-E will NOT work.
To our valued Kinarm Lab users, collaborators and followers,
Today, June 27, 2019 is the day we announce our new company name: Kinarm.
Customers of BKIN Technologies can receive preferential registration rates for the upcoming RehabWeek conference in Toronto, June 2019.
In order to apply the membership discount, please proceed as follows:
- Choose that you are a member of IISART during the registration process (https://www.rehabweek.org/registration/)
- Enter the company-specific code IISART-BKIN-182584
- When asked which conference you mainly plan to attend, choose INRS. This does not mean you cannot attend other conferences during the RehabWeek, but it helps to allocate resources.
Please feel free to share the code.
Dean Richard Reznick, head of the Queen’s School of Medicine has just posted his annual report. In it he recognizes the research program and contributions of BKIN’s CSO and co-founder Dr. Stephen Scott. Congrats Steve!
To all of the wonderful people who we met at World Stroke Congress in Montreal,
Please reach out to us if you have not heard from us. The lead retrieval application has mysteriously “lost” our last 1.5 days of scans. We are working with them to hopefully recover the data, but for the moment, we are regrettably without your contact information.
We look forward to hearing from you,
Anne Vivian-Scott & Paul St. John
The Dexterit-E 3.7.0 release brings many improvements for usability, task development, and normative modeling. We are thrilled to be able to deliver such a long list of tangible improvements!