Kinarm is seeking an energetic junior software developer to join our stellar team.
Kinarm’s interactive robotics are changing the way researchers study the brain, and our understanding of brain injury and disease. Our one-of-a-kind products are designed, manufactured and shipped around the world – all from our headquarters located in historic Kingston, Ontario. We are looking for someone who loves to work as part of a small, wickedly talented team and who is willing to attack any challenge.
The self-motivated and organized candidate will be an essential member of our team, involved in every aspect of the development process. Working in compliance of IEC 62304, you will be responsible for implementation, and debugging on all of our software products. Our products cover a broad range of applications, including:
- Hardware control: real-time control of Kinarm™ robots and other advanced technology during experimental tasks;
- Data acquisition: definition of experimental tasks and protocols, and collection of data in lab and clinical settings;
- Data analysis: creation of automated analyses for our Kinarm Standard Tests product suite requiring sophisticated analytical methods and attention to detail.
This is a unique position that blends technical responsibility, growth potential, and the opportunity to facilitate the translation of cutting-edge brain research to advance the care of persons suffering brain injury and disease.
- Software development with Java, Python, C/C++ or other mainstream language – 3+ years
A portfolio of experience demonstrating:
- Proven ability to define and deliver quality results at each stage of the development process.
- High level of imaginative problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging ability.
- High level of curiosity, creativity, tenacity, and thoughtfulness.
- Ability to follow and provide instructions as both a team member and individual.
- Ability to learn quickly and be comfortable when something is unfamiliar or things become uncertain.
- Strong initiative and communication skills.
- Experience with MATLAB, real-time software development, statistics, and/or robotics an asset, but not required.
- Experience in software development for medical devices and an understanding of medical device compliance landscape an asset, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science or Engineering.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Kingston, ON
Start Date: Immediate
Apply via our post in Indeed. Applicants will be considered as soon as received. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Kinarm is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.